Neda Mimica-Dukić, PhD
Chair of Biochemistry and Chemistry of Natural Products
University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Environmental Protection
Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Tel: + 381 21 485 2757
Personal webpage: http://www.dh.uns.ac.rs/lafib/english/index.php
SCOPUS Autor ID: 7003713740
- 1983. PhD in Biochemistry, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1987. MSc Biochemistry, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1978. BSc in Chemistry, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
SCIENTIFIC AND ACADEMIC POSITIONS
- 2003-today. Full Professor, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1998-2003. Associate Professor, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1993-1998. Assistant Professor, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1987-1993. Teaching Assistant, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1982-1987. Associate teaching assistant, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1979-1982. Junior researcher, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia.
- Introduction in biochemistry I
- Introduction in biochemistry II
- Intermediary metabolism
- Biochemistry of medicinal plants
- Natural antioxidants
- Metabolism and pharmacological significance of essential oils
- Biochemistry of natural polyphenolic compounds
- Biochemistry and pharmacology of medicinal plants
- Biochemistry of free radicals and natural antioxidants.
- Mimica-Dukić, N. Intermediary metabolism, (in Serbian), University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Novi Sad, Serbia, 2014.
- Mimica-Dukić, N., Kuhajda, K. Biochemistry and Preparative Biochemistry. Problems and solutions, (in Serbian), University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Novi Sad, Serbia, 2000.
- Chemical characterization of bioactive compounds in plants; chemosystematic approach
- In vitro and in vivo study of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial activities of secondary plant metabolites
- Biochemical and pharmacological investigations of plant extracts and their interactions with conventional drugs
- Estimation of the quality and medicinal potential of foods of plant origin based on their chemical and biochemical properties.
- Biologically active natural products as potential sources of new drugs and dietary supplements, Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia (2011-2019), project leader
- Biologically active components and medicinal potential of functional foods grown in Vojvodina, Provincial Secretariat for Science and Technological Development, Autonomous Province of Vojvodina, Serbia (2016-2019), project leader
- Cross-border cooperation in development of a novel herbal drug targeting Helicobacter pylori (HELICO), Hungary-Serbia IPA Cross-border Co-operation Programme (2013-2015), project leader.
- Mimica-Dukić, N., Simin, N., Beara, I., Orčić, D., Lesjak, M., Francišković, M., Svirčev, E. (2015): Aromatic Plants and Essential Oils in the Treatment and Prevention of Infectious Diseases In: Aromatherapy: Basic Mechanisms and Evidence Based Clinical Use, Ed. Bagetta, G., Cosentino, M., Sakurada, T. CRC Press, London, UK, pp 367–394.
- Mimica-Dukić, N., Orčić, D., Lesjak, M., Šibul, F. (2016): Essential oils as powerful antioxidants: Misconception or scientific fact? In Medicinal and Aromatic Crops: Production, Phytochemistry, and Utilization, Ed. Jeliazkov, V. D., Cantrell, C. L., American Chemical Society, Washington, USA, pp 187–208.
- Orčić D., Francišković M., Bekvalac K., Svirčev E., Beara I., Lesjak M., Mimica-Dukić, N. (2014): Quantitative determination of plant phenolics in Urtica dioica extracts by high-performance liquid chromatography coupled with tandem mass spectrometric detection. Food Chemistry, 143: 48-53.
- Mimica-Dukić, N., Bugarin, D., Grbović, S., Mitić-Ćulafić, D., Vuković-Gačić, B., Orčić, D., Jovin E., Couladis, M. (2010): Essential Oil of Myrtus communis L. as a Potential Antioxidant and Antimutagenic Agents. Molecules. 15: 2759–2770.
- Mimica-Dukić, N., Božin, B. (2008): Mentha L. (Lamiaceae) as promising sources of bioactive secondary metabolites. Current Pharmaceutical Design. 14: 3141-3150.
- Professional appointments and affiliations
at Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia: Member of National expert commission for Chemistry (2006-2014); Member of Committee for Accreditation of Scientific Research Institutions (2014-2018)
at University of Novi Sad, Serbia: Member of the Strategic Planning Committee (2005-2009); Member of Council for Natural and Medicinal sciences (2006-2010); Member of the Fund for Scholarship for Young Talents (from 2014)
at University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia: President of the Faculty Council (since 2015);
Head of the Chair for Biochemistry and Chemistry of Natural Products (since 2015); Dean (2009-2015); Group leader for the International cooperation (2005-2009); Associate vice-dean for the Sciences, Development and International affairs (2003-2006);
- Chair of the Natural Sciences Committee in European University Foundation – Campus Europae (2007-2017)
- Member of the Editorial board of the international journal Phytotherapy Research (since 2005); guest editor in international journal Molecules (2018)
- Leader of the six national and two international projects
- Scientific training at the University of Athens, Faculty of Pharmacy, Greece (1987-1988); University of Reading, Department for Plant Science, UK (1991)
- Visiting and guest professors at: University of Eastern Finland, Finland (2016); Technical University in Graz, Austria (2017), University of Aveiro, Portugal (2017); University of Alkala, Spain (2018); Prince of Songkla University, Thailand (2017-2018)
- The first Award for the scientific results given by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia (2004)
- Award for achieved results for 50 years jubilee of Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Environmental Protection, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia (2012)
- Lifetime Achievement Award in the field of sciences awarded by the Association of University Professors and Scientists of Vojvodina, Serbia (2017).