Suzana Jovanović-Šanta, PhD
Chair of Biochemistry and Chemistry of Natural Products
University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences
Department of Chemistry, Biochemistry and Environmental Protection
Trg Dositeja Obradovića 3
21000 Novi Sad, Serbia
Tel: + 381 21 485 2760
- 2010. PhD in Biochemistry, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 2000. Mag in Biochemistry, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1994. BSc in Chemistry, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
SCIENTIFIC AND ACADEMIC POSITIONS
- 2021 – Full professor, Faculty of Sciences University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- 2016-2021. Associate professor, Faculty of Sciences University of Novi Sad, Serbia
- 2011-2016. Assistant Professor, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 2000-2011. Teaching Assistant, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1999-2000. Associate, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1994-1999. Associate Teaching Assistant, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia
- 1994-1995. Associate, University of Novi Sad Faculty of Sciences, Serbia.
- Medical biochemistry
- Biochemistry of hormones
- Biochemistry of steroids
- Cell cultures in medicinal chemistry
- Jovanović-Šanta, S. Medicinal chemistry of steroids in the drug development for hormonal diseases, monograph, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Novi Sad,
- Trivić, S., Jovanović-Šanta, S. Laboratory manual for biochemistry, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Novi Sad,
- Petrović, J., Mimica-Dukić, N., Kuhajda, K., Popsavin, V., Čiča, A., Jovanović-Šanta, S. Laboratory manual for biochemistry and preparative biochemistry, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Sciences, Novi Sad,
- Study of the biological activity of modified steroids and other compounds in vitro on cell cultures and animal tissues and in vivo on animal models: testing of antiestrogenic, anticancer, antioxidant activity, measuring the effect on steroidogenesis enzymes.
- Regulation of metabolism of endogenous steroids by inhibitors of cytochrome P450-dependent monooxygenases: molecular and cell mechanisms, Bilateral project Belarus – Serbia (2020-2021)
- Target-specific screening of new activity modulators of human sterol-hydroxylases, Bilateral project Belarus – Serbia (2018-2019)
- Synthesis, characterization and biological investigation of steroid derivatives and their molecular aggregates, Ministry of Education, Science and Technological Development of the Republic of Serbia (2010-2019)
- Dzichenka Y., Shapira M., Yantsevich A., Cherkesova T., Grbović Lj., Savić M., Usanov S., Jovanović-Šanta S. (2021): Modified bile acids and androstanes—Novel promising inhibitors of human cytochrome P450 17A1. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 205: 105777.
- Aleksić Sabo V., Škorić D., Jovanović-Šanta S., Nikolić I., Csànadi J., Knežević P. (2021): Synergistic activity of bile salts and their derivatives in combination with conventional antimicrobial agents against Acinetobacter baumannii. J Ethnopharm. 264: 113266.
- Jovanović-Šanta, S., Petri, E., Klisurić, O., Szécsi, M., Kovačević, R., Petrović, J. (2015): Antihormonal potential of selected D-homo and D-seco estratriene derivatives. Steroids. 97: 45–53.
- Jakimov, D., Kojić, V., Aleksić, L., Bogdanović, G., Ajduković, J., Djurendić, E., Penov Gaši, K., Sakač, M., Jovanović-Šanta, S. (2015): Androstane derivatives induce apoptotic death in MDA-MB-231breast cancer cells. Bioorg Med Chem. 23: 7189–7198.
- Jovanović-Šanta, S., Petrović, J., Andrić, S., Kovačević, R., Djurendić, E., Sakač, M., Lazar, D., Stanković, S. (2003): Synthesis, structure, and screening of estrogenic and antiestrogenic activity of new 3,17-substituted-16,17-seco-estratriene derivatives. Bioorg Chem. 31: 475-484.
- Participation in realization of 8 Serbian national and 5 international projects; project leader for 2 international projects.
- Author or co-author of more than 40 articles in science journals (SCI list) and about 100 presentations at international and national scientific meetings.
- Active reviewer in high-ranking international journals.
- Mentor of 2 PhD and more than 90 graduate or master theses.
- Member of the commission for Faculty of Sciences study programs accreditation; commission for ranking and enrollment of candidates to master and doctoral studies in biochemistry; groups for classes in chemistry and promotion of chemistry and biochemistry and of the commission for evaluation of published scientific results.
- Advisor of students of biochemistry; Manager of the study program Doctoral academy studies_Biochemistry
- Vice President of the Serbian Biochemical Society and a board member of the Serbian Chemical Society.
- Trainings: Summer Research Program at the Department of Biochemistry, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA (1997, one month); Laboratory of Molecular Biology and Endocrinology, Institute for Nuclear Sciences “Vinca” (1997-1998, 6 month); Oncology Institute of Vojvodina, Sremska Kamenica (2001-2002, 8 month);1st Department of Medicine, University of Szeged, Szeged, Hungary (2012-2014, 3 months); Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry of NAS of Belarus, Minsk, Belarus (2018-2019, 2 month).
- Visiting lecturer within Erasmus + program of the exchange of university staff.
- Very well in speaking, reading and writing English and well in using of Russian.
- Married, mother of three children.